Sunday, February 13, 2011

Making the Switch

I am making the switch from livejournal to blogspot. I'm tired of dealing with the ads and the limited format abilities. So here I am!


A little bit about the title of my blog: It's from the lyrics of David Crowder Band's song "Send Me A Sign: Shine." Sometimes God's voice is just a hint of an idea or a whisper...at least that's how it is for me.


I love to write, which is why I have a blog... I love learning new things and learning new ways of doing things. I love living in New England. The season changes are awesome (and never boring) and I am close to two major cities!


I also love youth ministry. I've been working in youth ministry for about four years, currently on my fifth. I work with a ministry called Young Life! The Young Life Mission: Introducting adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. I work with high school and middle school youth on a monthly basis. We have fun playing games and just interacting with each other and at the end of the night the Area Director gives a lesson from the Bible. (The Area Director and the Committee for our area have been wanting me to give a lesson for years now...I'm just not ready!)


That's about all...for now at least.


"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down his friend can help him up"- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world Bree! Now I can follow you easily...that just sounded kind of sketchy which I totally didn't mean to do. haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Marisa! lol, you can never sound sketchy! :) I miss you and I hope Thailand continues to be a wonderful God-filled experience! :) Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete