Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Need, Want, Wish

There are things I would like out of this life and sometimes it's hard to not get what you want.

I found this passage: "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19.

Notice how it says, "need of yours," not "want of yours." As a friend of mine says, "There are different categories for things: things you need, things you want, and things you wish for."

I did some thinking (scary, eh?) and I realized that God has taken care of all my needs! Shelter, Family (biological and Christian brothers and sisters), Food (too much actually!), transportation, funds for school, education, AND a country where I have the freedom to worship my God Almighty and to read His book freely!

Kinda puts things in perspective, eh? It sure did for me!



Every day is a gift from God! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment